Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Movies to look forward to

- 12 and Holding (looks exceptional)
- Peaceful Warrior (Nick Nolte as a non-psychopath? Giddy-up. I also secretly like inspiring stories.)
- A Scanner Darkly (Philip K. Dick ftw!)
- District B13 (sorry, story by Luc Beson and from the guy who did Ong Bak and Transporter 2... it'll be one helluvan action movie)
- Monster House (great voice cast, and looks like a great movie)
- Caché (French film; seems like a good thriller)
- Three Times (a very interesting Chinese independent)
- Ghost Rider (just for pure enjoyment factor)

And I can't believe a "How to Eat Fried Worms" movie is being made. I loved the book. Read it back when I was 9 or 10. I would also like to see 2046. I keep seeing it in movie stores, but haven't gotten it. Nor have I checked out Audition, which Jay says is a good Miike film.

A really interesting trailer I just saw: Drawing Retraint 9. It's described as follows: The core idea of Drawing Restraint 9 is the relationship between self-imposed resistance and creativity, a theme it symbolically tracks through the construction and transformation of a vast sculpture of liquid Vaseline, called “The Field”, which is molded, poured, bisected and reformed on the deck of the ship over the course of the film.

Bjork stars in it, so it looked to have a Dancer In the Dark feel, but far more artistic and over-the-edge.

It just sucks that most theatres in Ottawa don't show the really neat movies.

No comments: