Saturday, July 15, 2006

5 Days to the Minute

... and I'll be standing in the Ottawa Airport, no doubt looking dazed, excited and a little nervous; a slough of black luggage surrounding me. I fear it will be anti-climactic to some extent. After all, while I am leaving Ottawa for a year, I won't be out of the country until the following day. It would be somewhat comedic were it not for how I and others present will be feeling.

I can't say I'm not looking forward to going to China. I most definitely am. I just hate leaving such good friends as I have, even if only for a year. I've decided that, for now, I will only be there for a year. That's not to say I won't be going back, but there will be at least a 4-6 week period where I'll be back in Canada. Possibly longer. Some things need to be examined and decided, and I can't plan a year ahead nor see how a year abroad will change me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well golly gosh, here is my nephew taking off for places unknown ... how brave I say really, just brave.

As usual I think to myself, I should have spent more time getting to know my nephew better ... (but I also know my nephew had to let me :-) ... that has been fine.

I am excited and afraid both for you Pat. I most want you to have fun, enjoy, learn and then share as much as you would like to. I guess most I want to know you are safe. Cause that is an auntie's role :-) and how aunts think.

I love you so much and my hugs are with you on this trip over to a new adventure. My spirit is so thrilled for you.

Love, Holly

Wayward Mind said...

Thanks, Hol! I've got the angel token you and Vicki gave me... it'll always be with me. That was very sweet. Oh, and I'm wearing the watch you got me for my birthday aeons back (and I'm taking the flask with me - mmmwahaha!).

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a much simpler trip over than our trip home ended up being!

It was SO GOOD to see you in Ottawa. You better make sure your "4 to 6 week period" includes July 8! :)

Have fun, take care of yourself, and if you find yourself with excess funds and time, remember how much closer you are to Australia!

I'm so pleased you're going off to do this. Well done you.
love,
Angela