Sunday, June 18, 2006

The Art of Ending

"Great is the art of beginning. Greater still is the art of ending."

Saying good-byes are weird, especially after a relatively routine activity; say one that's been consistent for 2.5 years. I had my last D&D game last night with the gang, and after Todd dropped me off, I almost just got out of the car and walked into my apartment with the usual "see you guys next week". It was also strange closing off the game itself (with regards to me as a player). Like closing the curtain after a 2.5 year stage play.

Good-byes can be so anti-climactic. It always feels like there is more to say than there actually is, or that some event that shatters the mundane is required in order to legitimize the leave-taking. This makes me glad that there will be a more social, fun and different venue for saying good-bye to all my friends. I'm really looking forward to that night on the 7th. Also, I shouldn't be as stressed by that time as I am right now. Too much is happening, and it's snuck up on me. "Hurry up and wait" has been the order of the day for the past 6 weeks, and now it's simply "hurry up".

On that note, I'm off to get some ingredients for Thai Coconut Chicken soup, and grab some boxes from the Beer Store. Of course I'll make a donation as well... and they'll give me beer as a thank-you for the donation.

No comments: