Tuesday, March 14, 2006

When the body breaks...

... and the mind follows suit.

As of Saturday, 2am, I became more sick than I've ever been. Fever without burning temperature, unable to eat, unable to hydrate, unable to sleep, chest congestion like bronchitis, migraines, body wracked by stiffness and pain, and plenty of hallucinations. By Monday, I thought I was dying. I lost about 2 or 3 lbs. Doctor said it was just a flu strain. I've been feeling better since Tuesday, but holy shit. I drank half a freakin' gallon of Gaterade, and it barely put a dent in my thirst or dryness in my mouth. 7 litres of water on Saturday and it's like my body just ignored the attempt to re-hydrate.

More than a bit frightening.

Anyhoo... so suffice it to say, it was a shitty weekend and has been a trying week so far. I feel bad missing work, but going in just hasn't been an option. I feel awful even sitting up as straight as I am to write this (in fact this was written in chunks, over the last day or two). Hopefully I will be into work tomorrow, but I don't know.

No comments: