Sunday, June 03, 2007

Weekend

Yesterday, hung out with Suzi, Jamie and Kieran. We went to see Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, which was fairly decent. I think those films suffered the same problems as the Matrix trilogy in that they stretched themselves pretty thin - by the end, it seemed like a demi-gods show-down more than a movie about pirates and having this-worldly fun. It was entertaining, though. Just hope they don't make another one... Quit while you're ahead, folks.

I wandered around afterwards, and since I was in the neighbourhood of Fandom II, I walked over for a browse. Ended up getting Legend of the Five Rings book. I'd heard good things about it, and it seemed interesting. Had supper over at Suzi and Jamie's, and we went for bubble-tea afterwards. I forgot how much I like bubble-tea. Didn't do too much else that evening except watch a movie (the last part of Titan AE).

Today, Jamie and I are going to check out a Shaolin kung fu demo nearby. Ought to be fun, and I'm looking forward to that. I'm not sure if it's outside or indoors, but I guess we'll see. It will be interesting to see after having seen a demonstration at Shao Lin Si itself. No other plans, really. Tomorrow I need to go in and get my ID card done up for the Senate, and possibly game that evening (if I hear back from Tyler and Spencer).

That's about it. Not much really happening. I'm starting to feel really listless. I wake wanting to do something, be going somewhere, only to come to the conclusion that there's not tonnes to do. As it stands right now, I'm sitting in Aaron's living room, and August and I are both on our Macs. How's that for excitement?

Oh, I'm looking into Chinese lessons here, but the price seems a tad steep for what they're offering. $195 (includes one-time $35 registration fee) for 10 lessons, each 1:45 minutes or so long. I guess it's not really that bad, but I'd like to sit in on a lesson or something first, if possible. As for tai ji quan, still having no luck in tracking down someone who teaches Chen style. I might have to bite the bullet and do Yang...

No comments: